You are not the only one who experienced an injury at work.
Every day, workplace injuries occur. Workers in all vocations and sectors are exposed to a wide range of injury risks, from shattered bones to back pain. Millions of people are rendered permanently or temporarily unable to perform their jobs each year as a result of these threats. Statistics from the National Safety Council (NSC) on the most frequent workplace injuries show how frequent absences from work caused by mishaps and other workplace incidents are for all categories of employees. Also have a look at work accident lawyer kingston ny.
This is equal to:
- 540 workplace accidents per hour
- 12,900 accidents at work each day
- 90,400 workplace injuries occur each week.
- 7 million workplace injuries annually
The NSC estimates that these injuries cause 99 million days of reduced efficiency annually. Accordingly, each work-related injury results in an average of 21 days of disability. On average, this means that some employees can return to work quite soon, but it also means that many employees face long-term incapacitating repercussions from their workplace accidents.
The top 3 workplace accidents that cause time off from work.
Various forms of injuries can be encountered in workplace accidents.
The three most frequent occupational injuries that result in time away from the job, according to figures from the NSC are:
- Sprains, strains, and tears are injuries to the muscles, ligaments, and tendons caused by twisting, straining, overusing, or overexerting the body.
- A typical complaint among individuals whose professions compel them to spend hours a day sitting in an office chair is chronic back ache.
- Cuts, lacerations, and punctures can result in a range of physical limitations and require treatment with everything from bandages to sutures.
Along these, there are a few more reasonably common work-related injury categories. For instance, violent accidents often result in fractured bones and concussions for many professions, and injuries caused by repetitive stress are also widespread.
The 3 Most Common Workplace Repetitive Stress Injuries
The following are some of the most frequent industrial injuries brought on by repetitive stress or strain:
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Tennis elbow
- Inflammation-Related Injuries
The Top 5 Jobs with the Highest Rate of Disabling Injuries
According to the NSC’s statistics, the majority of workers who get permanently disabled injuries are in the following occupations:
- service (including police and firefighters)
- shipping and transportation
- production and manufacturing
- Installation, repair, and maintenance
Know your rights
If injured on the job, it’s crucial to understand your legal rights. Here are key points to remember:
- You can report the injury to your employer promptly.
- You may be entitled to workers’ compensation benefits, including medical coverage and wage replacement.
- Seek immediate medical attention and document your injuries.
- You can consult with a workers’ compensation attorney to understand your rights and navigate the claims process.
- It is illegal for your employer to retaliate against you for filing a workers’ compensation claim.
- Keep thorough records of your medical treatment, expenses, and any communication regarding your injury.